Yes, this is a Christmas post and yes, I know it’s the New Years lol!! I’ve been on my blogging break but I already had this post ready to go so it’s going live haha. I was tagged by Jenna at J.K. I’m exploring. Be sure and swing by her post to see her answers for this one as well. This tag was originally created by Jenn.
- Tag & link the person who tagged you
- Tag & link me/this post
- Tick/cross off the ones you’ve done
- Tag another 10 people
1. Received an ARC and not reviewed it ✔
I think all bloggers are guilty of doing this. It’s really hard to balance everything that a blogger does. That’s not even factoring in their real lives and all that goes on with their day to day schedules.
2. Have less than 60% feedback rating on Netgalley ✔
I’m currently sitting at 46%. I feel so bad about it and want to play catch up in the New Year.
3. Rated a book on Goodreads and promised a full review was to come on your blog (and never did) ✖️
I tend to review every single book I read. If I don’t plan on writing up a full review, then I won’t promise to.
4. Folded down the page of a book ✖️
NOPE. I’ve never done this and don’t plan to start. I like to keep my books in as good as condition as I possibly can.
5. Accidentally spilled on a book ✖️
NOPE. I don’t tend to leave books where they could potentially get something spilled onto them.
6. DNF a book this year ✔
Torn by Melody Anne and American Queen by Sierra Simone were my DNF’s for 2018. Just couldn’t get into either of these.
7. Bought a book purely because it was pretty with no intention of reading it ✖️
I don’t think I’ve intentionally purchased a book without planning to read it. I may have bought a book and ended up not reading it…….but I’ve never bought one to just sit on the shelf and look pretty. Books are too expensive for all that.
8. Read whilst you were meant to be doing something else (like homework) ✔
Of course, every bookworm is guilty of this!!
9. Skim read a book ✔✖️
Does this mean the entire thing??? I don’t think I’ve skimmed an entire book before. Sure I’ve skimmed parts…. but never the whole story.
10. Completely missed your Goodreads goal ✔
Every single year my goal is to read 100 books. Every year I fail lol!!! It’s not that I don’t try….it’s just my eyes won’t let me!!!
11. Borrowed a book and not returned it to the library ✖️
This is a big no-no!!! I’ve never even had a late fee.
12. Broke a book buying ban✔
Been there, done that!
13. Started a review, left it for ages then forgot what the book was about ✖️
NOPE. This is why as soon as I finish a book, I write the review. My memory isn’t the best so I have to write that review ASAP before the entire story disappears lol!!
14. Wrote in a book you were reading ✖️
NOPE. Another big no-no for me.
15. Finished a book and not added it to your Goodreads✔✖️
I only started using Goodreads in 2013 so there’s plenty of books that aren’t on there. Now since I’ve created the account they will all go on there without fail.
16. Borrowed a book and not returned it to a friend✖️
How cruel is this…..don’t do it!
17. Dodged someone asking if they can borrow a book ✔
YES!!! I really don’t like loaning out my books because there’s always a chance for them to be ruined….then it becomes an awkward conversation on whether or not they’ll pay to replace it.
18. Broke the spine of someone else’s book ✖️
19. Took the jacket off a book to protect it and ended up making it more damaged ✖️
I always take the hardcover’s book jacket off and place it somewhere not around me to prevent this from happening.
20. Sat on a book accidentally ✔
I’m sure I have before.
Final Score: 8/20
(On 2 I put both answers so I just left them off the final score)
I think I’m on the Nice list this year!!!! Woohoo!!! Feel free to do this tag as well and leave your links below!!